Saturday, June 27, 2009

Unaccustomed Earth

I have been reading this book of short stories by Jhumpa Lahiri. All of them are similar, and after a point of time uninteresting. That doesn't mean I have stopped reading the book. But then I have read Surendra Mohan Pathak's novels till the very end a large number of times, so it is more a comment on my stupidity than on her brilliance.

When 2009 began, I decided that I will reduce my reading of financial and business fiction/non-fiction. As I read WSJ, FT, blogs, earnings, 10-Ks and Qs as part of work, I felt I need to diversify away my reading at home.

Time to take stock at the mid-point of the year. Books read so far in 2009:

1) Kite Runner
2) Shantaram
3) Freedom at Midnight - this is a real gem
4) Is Paris Burning?
5) Bankers who broke the world - finance history - can't avoid it.
6) Unaccustomed Earth - almost over

No comments: